A recent study indicates that 80% of Americans consider themselves environmentalists. Having Brooks Energy tune up your system at least annually (optimally, every season) ensures that you burn less home heating oil. Brooks Energy also offers other “green” options, include propane.
Over time, propane costs nearly half as much per BTU as electricity (according to US Department of Energy statistics). More importantly, propane powered generators can be a powerful backup for other energy sources. A propane-powered backup generator provides security by turning on automatically whenever the electricity fails. These units provide temporary power to all pre-designated equipment, from the furnace to the lights.
Housed outside, they draw propane from a home’s propane storage tank. They run quietly: Many less than 60 decibels. They also run efficiently, even as the primary source of power for your home. Here are just a few reasons our customers increasingly choose propane as their energy source:
- Environmentally friendly: Propane gas easily meets EPA’s clean air energy standards. It is also nontoxic and insoluble in water. Because it is released as a gas, it doesn’t spill, pool, or leave a residue.
- Versatile: You can use propane in a wide range of residential applications: central heating, cooking, drying clothes, water heating, pool & spa heating. Propane fireplaces and hearth products often offer great space heat solutions and are among the most popular appliances sold today.
- Reliable: Almost 90% of all propane is produced right here in the United States. Brooks Energy maintains a very large reserve for our customers. Some propane systems will operate even during electrical power outages.
- Efficient: Propane offers you a very attractive combination: it costs less and works harder. Propane appliances have a shorter energy savings payback period and burn hotter and more evenly than many other fuels.
Given New England’s unpredictable weather, and the intense demands put on the power grid, Brooks Energy knows how important backup heat or electricity can be for our customers. For some, a generator means peace of mind; for others, it means no downtime in the event of an outage.
If you’re considering changing your primary fueling source to propane, we can help. For initial information, visit: http://www.buildwithpropane.com/?page=renovationsandretrofits
The Friendly Fuel
- Propane exhaust creates 60%-70% less smog-producing hydrocarbons than gasoline (Southwest Research Institute)
- Compared to gasoline, propane yields 12% less carbon dioxide, about 20% less nitrous oxide, and as much as 60% less carbon monoxide. (World LP Gas Association, January 2003, and California Energy Commission, January 2003)
- Propane cuts emissions of toxins and carcinogens like benzene and toluene by up to 96% compared to gasoline (Southwest Research Institute)
Call Brooks Energy today for a free consultation (860) 585-1515. We’ll be glad to share our years of experience to answer your questions.